I hate to tell ya, but everyone is a sales person. May it be your company, yourself, to your boss, to your other boss, to whomever, regardless of the relationship you are always selling. With that in mind, here’s a snipet on customer buying behavior that will help your sales efforts.
The six “O’s” of organizing Customer Buying Behavior
1. ORIGINS of purchase: Who buys it?
2. OBJECTIVES of purchase: What do they need/buy?
3. OCCASIONS of purchase: When do they buy it?
4. OUTLETS of purchase: Where do they buy it?
5. OBJECTIVES of purchase: Why do they buy it?
6. OPERATIONS of purchase: How do they buy it? Convert features to benefits using the “…Which Means…”
NOTE: “Unless the proposition appeals to their INTEREST, unless it satisfies their DESIRES, and unless it shows them a GAIN–then they will not buy!”